Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wonderful Girl with Lindys

Hey gang – Today I am sharing a scrapbook layout I created using the Lindy’s August challenge.
{{{Note the awesome color swatch by me lol}}}


Such a beautiful combination of colors and I had the perfect photo of Jessica and I ready to scrap.
I started by adding some sewing to some Marshmallow cardstock. I love the simplicity that the sewing gives – instant embellishment!  Mind you – I can’t sew a button on a shirt!
First, I lightly wet the cardstock then I used Whale Watch Blue with a number 12 round
brush to add color, lightly pushing it around with the brush.

Drying in between layers, I then added Open Arms Amethyst
and then 
Bodacious Blush the same way.


Then I decided it needed a little drip, so I gave it a light water mist to wet the paper, then gently allowed the Blue to drip down off the page … I then did the same with the Amethyst.

Once dry, I added some stamping with Black Archival Ink, colored a little tape and adhered my photo.  Last, I added some white splatters using correction fluid.
I’ve made a short process video for you to watch so you can see how I’ve made this background.
And a few close ups of the project.

Lindys Products:

Other Products:
  • Archival ink, stamps, vellum, 13arts veneer, Tim Holtz stickers, mesh tape

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful photo and stunning layout.. love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx